Labels

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I can Never Go Back to Woodstock © 2010 Dakini Verona

I can Never Go Back to Woodstock © 2010 Dakini Verona



A little song I wrote while living in the streets in 1970.
I can never go back to Woodstock,
Never go back alone.


Never go back to the place,
That used to be my home.


On my own. Oh Yeah. Left without a home.

A big thing happened to the town,
in '69 or so,

The people they don't care now,
just trying to put on a show,
but I know - oh yeah - how they got so low.

Some money came into the town,
and greed had made its play,
No one really cares now,
No matter what they say.

On my own, oh yeah. Left without a home.
Got no home. Oh Yeah. So I'm left to roam.

I'm roaming 'round the county,
trying to find myself a home.

Feeling very lonely, but I got no place to go.

On my own, oh yeah. Left without a home.
On my own, of yeah. Left to roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment