Labels

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wicked and Evil Grandma Helen © 2010 Dakini Verona

Wicked and Evil Grandma Helen © 2010 Dakini Verona

I was born in Queens, New York in the year 1954. Dad was a New York City fireman and mom was a stay at home mom. We were one of the first blended families that I knew. Mom was divorced and had a son from the previous marriage; dad was a widower with two kids of his own.  I was what they referred to as an “after thought”. Mom was 34 and dad 43. Unheard of for that era. I sometimes wonder if birth control if had been an option for mom, if I would have even seen this life.

My parents were very loving ...  loving to each other. They did not know how to love children – but boy, did they love each other. I remember being embarrassed as a teenager by their ‘loving’ many a times, but I am getting ahead of myself.


I cannot remember being held or rocked by my mother. I do remember the stories my mother told me of how I was a horrible baby. She told me that I would take off my diapers and paint the walls with my poop and how I would escape from the confines of my crib by climbing up the curtains. But now that I think about that… how can you leave a baby in a crib long enough for her to do those things?

Why can’t I remember being caressed? Most likely because it never occurred. I know my mom had a tough time as a child. She hated her own mother. Grandma was from a long line of stern English/Irish blooded hard-assed business women. Her sister had a boarding home in New York City and I remember hearing stories of how she would throw out people who did not have the rent. Wicked evil family.







Z

No comments:

Post a Comment